I am taking a short break from working on the multitude of birth certificates/records of foreign births/marriage license requests. It is time-consuming a bit tedious more than anything. Once they are sent off, it will probably feel good.
We have not heard from the social worker for scheduling yet...
My dentist appointment went well today - thankfully. But we wasted almost two hours at the eye doctor for what we thought would be a quick in & out errand. If I had only brought a back up pair of glasses, then we would have been able to leave and come back to pick up the glasses. The gal kept insisting "it will only be a few more minutes" and that went on & on & on. It was awful. I was trying to be patient. I could almost hear Karl saying "pat-ience, Julie" to me so I tried to be cool, calm & collected. Well that's fine & dandy but it wasted our day and after all that I was horrified to see that they had CHANGED the shape of my frame AGAIN - no wonder the lenses didn't FIT - and I do NOT LIKE THEM!!! So, we'll have to go back AGAIN and pick a different pair. AAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhHHHHH! It is like a nightmare! Believe it or not, this is the THIRD time with this pair. Anyway, do you feel my pain?
The kids had been so good at the dentist - good enough that the sweet lady at the desk was almost persuaded to adopt herself! - so they were really, really disappointed that we did not have time to eat AT a restaurant, only had time to go through the drive-thru. Hey, I was disappointed too! Most of my brain cells had been eaten up sitting at the eye place staring at fuzzy children (couldn't see the whole time without my glasses!)
Poor Karl has had a rough day at work too.
Well, it's been one of those days but at least I don't have any cavities, our internet is finally working again after being down all day and thankfully I can see once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment