Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Morning Phone Call

Yesterday, the dentist appointment for the kids was disheartening. There were problems but they were not very good at explaining details and I was really trying to understand. They sent me home with care plans that were quite expensive. I felt overwhelmed. Then, no news back from the home study agency.

The evening was much better when Papi came home and we had a nice time eating dinner together and enjoying family worship. After the kids went to bed, Karl and I worked on ordering our adoption training program (online learning - not DVD like I thought). Two were suggested and one of them was not appealing to either of us but the other one definitely peaked our interest! So, we viewed some of the samples and are excited to go with Adoption Learning Partners; their material looks really useful and practical. After our 10 hours of training modules, I think we will come away as much better prepared as adoptive parents! That is important to me - I can't stand to just check off "training," I want to spend that time really learning something. Anyway, we are going to start on that right away. The modules are 1.5 - 2.5 hours and should be really interesting.

So, after a good night's sleep, the phone rang this morning. It was Jessica with our home study agency. She had delightful news to share. We have permission from the director to proceed with our home study visits. (We will still attend the upcoming in-person training. They just won't issue our home study report until we've fulfilled that requirement. But that is fine because it will probably take that long to get licensed by DCFS anyway.) She said she would be contacting our assigned social worker today to tell her to go ahead and set up our first meeting. I can hardly believe it! We are moving forward!!!!!!!!! What wonderful news to start our day and the rest of our week! Very exciting!

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is great news, so glad you get to move forward. It always feels better when you can check things off the long list.

Praying for your family.

Amy

Cheryl said...

I like the medical issues one! Excited for you to get going... Love you all!