Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day Eight as a family of Seven

Posting pictures today was a hassle! It would let me almost finish and then say there was some weird error. I figured out another way to post them and thankfully it was successful!

If you want to see the photo in more detail, "click" on the photo and a larger slide show will appear so you can see things in better detail.

We have had a good day. Nothing terribly exciting today...it seemed a little warmer today. We worked again on the puzzle and the five kids played a game with balls together in the room. We also enjoyed playing with our inflatable beach ball in a patio area together but it got a hole and now is out of commission. We are going to try to buy a new one somewhere...sometime...

This will be my third day of elevating my feet and it is helping tremendously. I am so glad! My bug bite/sores are healing up and looking a lot less scary. I feel well and am extremely thankful. Everyone else is healthy too which is a blessing we do not take for granted.

Our new daughters are so very sweet. It is fun getting to know them a little more each day. They are such a perfect match for our family. We are all so thankful. We laughed a lot tonight at lunch and at dinner trying to exchange conversation and had some funny mix-ups. I was trying to listen and understand what both girls were saying and kept asking clarifying questions - all of which were a big misunderstanding - and we laughed and laughed and laughed. It was a sweet time. Eventually I got it. You know, it is so funny how similar two very different words can sound! 

Anyway, what the girls were trying to ask is if we had gotten a call from the attorney to find out if our "first step" in our court process had been initiated yet or not. Good question. We have not gotten an update and I was wondering the same thing. We will call tomorrow if we do not hear from the attorney. The reason step number one is so important is because once that step is initiated, then you can count ten business days until your process is complete to receive "sentencia" or your finalized adoption papers. There will be a few more steps after that: like getting updated birth certificates with the girls' new last name, getting some sort of ID card, passports, etc. but all that waits for the finalized paperwork. We are eager to hear an update.

Things are going smoothly and I look forward to reporting more when I have time tomorrow. Look below for a couple of posts with photos!

1 comment:

NiNi said...

I love all the pictures. My 2 favorites are the 3 umbrellas and the 5 girls! Love to all. NiNi