After an exhaustive search to locate an in-person adoption class, looking to three different surrounding states, including tons more phone calls, I finally found a local 7 hour in-person training - 5 long weeks from now. This is the soonest class we could find. Most were in August or September! So that's good and bad news. Good news there is a local training coming up. Bad news that it is so far off.
(Thank you, sweet Cheryl, for your loving suggestions & efforts to help us find a training!!!)
Last week, we sent a detailed letter to our home study agency requesting permission to proceed with the first home study visit since we have fulfilled every other known requirement - promising to attend that upcoming training and offering documentation of our registration, payment, etc.
We also indicated that we will be working on completing another 10 hour required adoption training (DVD) as we wait for the June 26th training.
I was hoping to receive a yes/no by today but did not hear back.
Over the weekend, we worked on passport applications for the kids, our I-800A application, and a host of other adoption paperwork items.
By tomorrow, I hope to report an affirmative response to our home study continuation plea!
1 comment:
Wow, Julie! I didn't know you had to have ALL that training for the homestudy. I'm wondering is that a state requirement or adoption agency requirement, because we didn't have to have it... Anyways, hope you can get the other stuff out of the way soon!
Will you all be going to the reunion this year?
Post a Comment