Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Frustrating, Fruitless Search

As far as adoption #2 goes, I made zero progress today. We have had a fine day other than that - including a good back-to-school and regular life kind of day. But I spent the kids' entire rest time doing countless (fruitless) internet searches, phone calls, emails, etc. trying to track down where to find the four in-person/direct contact hours we need. It's been a disheartening endeavor. At least I don't have a migraine yet. I will try very hard to not be crabby when Karl gets home :)

The "closest" thing I found was a social worker who would do us individually and their office is 2 hours each way and probably expensive. So 2 hours driving plus time off work plus 4 hours training plus 2 more hours drive plus who in the world to watch A, A, & C??? Goodness gracious!

Another lady went on & on & on about adoption disruptions, etc. and how don't even need to be foster licensed - it was unreal. She said our CPR should count towards our 10 hours...she also said she couldn't believe we had to complete this training before our home meetings. (Uh, me either.) Their next training would be at the end of July or beginning of August.

I emailed a few other agencies to see if they had any trainings in the next century. We'll see if they write back.

I am open to suggestions. PLEASE, if you have any ideas, let me know!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

verifying that it needs to be "in person"???

http://www.adoptionlearningpartners.org/

I haven't looked at this too much-alot of online hours...I will see if I can find anything else

Cheryl said...

Lindsey Tabor is a social worker from BBC that we started working with from Children and Family Services here in Peoria. She may have some ideas??? She is VERY nice :)

ltabor@bradley.edu

Cheryl said...

sorry...make that Counseling and Family Services
309.676.2400