Monday, April 5, 2010

Licensing File: FOUND & Other Random Thoughts

After two weeks of trying to track down our DCFS licensing paperwork, I am very thrilled that it does still exist and is being shipped to our new home study provider.

I've been keeping track and that matter alone required at least 14 phone calls, several failed fax attempts and several emails to get resolved. Phew! We are more than eager to find out how we are supposed to proceed.

By the way, the page/link on the right - ADOPTION #2 - FAMILY EXPANSION PROCESS - will be the main go to place for paperwork/process details for those who are interested in those sort of details.

In my spare 13 seconds a day, I am trying to get this blog up to date.  As I am able, I'll add to the GETTING TO KNOW US and FAQ pages! 

On Saturday, I met another adoptive Mom from the area who adopted a child from Ethiopia recently.

At church on Sunday, we talked with another couple who has recently been licensed as a foster family and would love to have siblings placed in their home - with a desire to foster to adopt.  That was really encouraging news!   

There are plenty of adoptive families in this area but not much of a support network.  We would really like to help something get started or find one to help expand.  I have been especially desiring to start an adoption Bible Study as well to encourage couples who might want to learn what the Scriptures have to say about caring for orphans.  There are a lot of people who think about adoption but never get beyond the thinking.

In addition to our regular school work today, the niƱos enjoyed talking to their cousin on the phone.  (My sister's idea - she is brilliant!)  Their weekly conversations are really, really cute.  Each week Anji composes a list of things she would like to talk about and she sounds out the words phonetically and does a great job.  She is really thoughful.  Claudia is quite the conversationalist as well!  It is one of the most anticipated events of the whole week!  Here are some sweet photos of my darlings on the phone today.  ¡Adios!      





No comments: