I finished my autobiography last night!!! I was stuck on one particular section: "Describe your personality, goals in life, hobbies and talents." Oh, and "please keep your extremely detailed life history within 4 pages." Ha ha ha! The outline itself was two full pages of about size 8 font! I spent days on this section but persevered, and it feels so terrific to have it done!
We laughed and laughed last night (up too late!) about our upcoming "scenarios" that we have to answer. What are "scenarios" you might wonder? Well, they are little stories where you must describe how you will handle a situation if little Johnny that you just adopted is deeply troubled and does disturbing things. Anyways, it is an intimidating assignment to me! So, Karl and I had hearty laughs as I embellished the scenario...Karl asked me "does it really say that?" "No, but something close to that!" Anyways, we went on and on creating our own scenarios and laughing together. He's a sweetheart and tenderly reassured me that we'll read through these scenarios and ask God for wisdom about how to answer them and do the best we can and get it done.
On today's agenda: the kids and I need to pack for a homeschool conference we will be attending. It is our very first! We are all so excited! Three days out of town will be really, really refreshing.
We laughed and laughed last night (up too late!) about our upcoming "scenarios" that we have to answer. What are "scenarios" you might wonder? Well, they are little stories where you must describe how you will handle a situation if little Johnny that you just adopted is deeply troubled and does disturbing things. Anyways, it is an intimidating assignment to me! So, Karl and I had hearty laughs as I embellished the scenario...Karl asked me "does it really say that?" "No, but something close to that!" Anyways, we went on and on creating our own scenarios and laughing together. He's a sweetheart and tenderly reassured me that we'll read through these scenarios and ask God for wisdom about how to answer them and do the best we can and get it done.
On today's agenda: the kids and I need to pack for a homeschool conference we will be attending. It is our very first! We are all so excited! Three days out of town will be really, really refreshing.
No comments:
Post a Comment