Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Month Ahead

Yesterday, we went to the zoo with another adoptive Mami and her three very sweet Colombian hijos. It was such a joy! We had a fantastic time! What a blessing!

I had a bunch of calls to make today including inquiring about registering the girls for school. I went to the site and read that school starts in a month. It seems so early!

I have enjoyed the time home with all three kids so much. We have fared well together through all the transitions - preparing to sell our house, living in the old house while Karl started the new job away from us, then living in cramped temporary housing while house hunting and house selling, and during all of the hub bub and busyness that went with that situation. We've now been in our new house for almost 2 months and the time here together has been even better. It has provided an opportunity for even more family bonding and time to invest in the kids. It will feel really weird when the girls go to school.

This next month before the girls start school is already packed full of activities and events including: a week-long business trip, Anji turning 7, our wedding anniversary, visits from family and friends, and (hopefully) squeezing in a mini-vacation. We will have to pack in as much as possible while we have the opportunity before school starts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this new back ground!!! It is really jazzy. Whoever runs this blog sure is special ;)

<3 K

Laura S said...

Sounds like a very busy month! We start school here in a month too. I'm so not ready for the traffic and the added commute. Glad everyone is settling in to the new town & home. And very nice that you found another family the kids can relate to. What a wonderful resource for all of you.