We had a nice weekend together. Karl was off work for a couple of days which made the weekend really special! The extra time as a family was such a blessing for each of us.
Today has been a blur because we got home so late because of fireworks - postponed a day due to inclement weather. The kids are still talking about the sheer delight of seeing the (whopping) 30 minutes of fireworks. I thought it was a dud and will never return to that town's firework show but the kids' excitement helps take the edge off my incredible disappointment. They are so sweet and easily pleased!
Today has been a blur because we got home so late because of fireworks - postponed a day due to inclement weather. The kids are still talking about the sheer delight of seeing the (whopping) 30 minutes of fireworks. I thought it was a dud and will never return to that town's firework show but the kids' excitement helps take the edge off my incredible disappointment. They are so sweet and easily pleased!
Anyways, we are all in a funk today since Papi went back to work. Andres asked when I woke him up "is Papi back to work?" and Claudia did the same when I woke her up this morning. Anji felt the same I am sure but immediately launched into "have you made your list yet? What do you think we could do today?" (That is a whole other topic I should blog about...are anybody else's niƱos turning out to be super-planners?!? Yikes! Now they are starting to ask me the night before what is on my "list!" List - what list?!?!) Anji wants to go out and keeps asking if there is anything we need to buy..."leche, ensalada, anything?"
We are dropping Karl's car off at a repair shop because his power windows are not working and one rolled down but will not go back up so I am going to take the kids over to the outdoor playland where they can have a blast and I will watch and enjoy as I sip my ice cold beverage (and jot notes for my new adoption book for kids) before we meet Karl to do the car drop-off. It will be good for all of us to get out for a while!
1 comment:
I like your blog :)
Post a Comment