Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Enjoying Our Trip

We are having such a fabulous time together on our trip! It has been a blast! Karl & I are enjoying the break from our normal daily grind. The kids keep telling us how excited they are to be staying in the hotel - they love it! Little Claudia keeps saying "I am excited about/like this trip." Melt my heart! Their behavior has been wonderful and they are getting lots of stickers for their great attitudes!

The worst thing about our trip is that my camera is missing in action. We have no idea where it is - if it is at home somewhere or if it is lost. An hour or so into our trip, I wanted to take a picture of the kids doing something cute in the car and was horrified that the camera was not in my purse like I had thought. So, I am camera-less and it is awful! I have our video camera thankfully but left an important cord for it at home. Ugh! : (

Today we ventured out to the nearby Target to pick up some things we need and that little trip went well. The kids stayed right with me in my motorized shopping cart. They were peaceful and obedient and a delight to Mami! They are amazing! I see other kids their age in public... and am so incredibly thankful for our kids and their desire to heed our instruction and training.

Our hotel is fantastic! Airplanes fly over our hotel within view of our windows about every 3-4 minutes! Our kids are really enjoying seeing so many aviones!!! The breakfasts here have been great and the evening meal has been very good too! I have even cooked in our room a couple of times when meals were not available.

Karl's training is going well too. It is the reason why we are here so that's pretty important! His class is quite challenging and he is being given a ton of new information to process and to study in the future! We are very thankful for the opportunity for this training.

Tomorrow we will be frolicking en la piscina and having a great time with a beloved friend! And then on Thursday we will venture over to visit my sister and her family for a couple more days of fun before we have to go home.

As I write, the girls & Andres are in the other room singing Jesus loves me; Holy, holy, holy; Jesus loves the children of the world; and other songs. That is beautiful music to my ears!!! Thank you, Lord, for these incredible children!

2 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Oh, how sweet...ya know, God has gotta love hearing their little praises! How precious!

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Leslie said...

Julie- how precious! I'm glad you guys are having so much fun on your trip! Get aways are always great and fun memory makers!