We are adjusting well over here as we end our 2nd week at home together! We are all re-learning just about everything over there is to learn: Mami, Papi and the Children too! No day is predictable but each day brings much joy!
Mami, Anji, Claudia & Andres get out and about usually twice per week. Getting out has been good (& necessary to pick up things we need) but it is definitely not simple, to say the least! I have to search out the jumbo carts that hold three kids . . . they are hard to steer and when foolish people step out right in front of the mammoth moving object filled with kids & a mentally over-stimulated Mom, it is not a pretty sight!
Last night we had the first of four post placement visits already - wow - hard to believe! This month starts the unfolding of the back-to-back Armstrong Birthdays for 5 months in a row! Andres will be turning two . . . and then Claudia will turn four . . . and then Anji will turn six. Karl and I are in disbelief that our kids are growing up so fast! :)
I thought I would share some photos from the past two weeks together for you to enjoy!
Mami, Anji, Claudia & Andres get out and about usually twice per week. Getting out has been good (& necessary to pick up things we need) but it is definitely not simple, to say the least! I have to search out the jumbo carts that hold three kids . . . they are hard to steer and when foolish people step out right in front of the mammoth moving object filled with kids & a mentally over-stimulated Mom, it is not a pretty sight!
Last night we had the first of four post placement visits already - wow - hard to believe! This month starts the unfolding of the back-to-back Armstrong Birthdays for 5 months in a row! Andres will be turning two . . . and then Claudia will turn four . . . and then Anji will turn six. Karl and I are in disbelief that our kids are growing up so fast! :)
I thought I would share some photos from the past two weeks together for you to enjoy!

11 comments:
Wow! Nice pictures! I can barely wait to see everyone in person! This is going to be FUN!
If we go shopping, I'll have you push the mammoth cart! ha!
Love, Mom
Love the pictures and enjoyed seeing the four of you out and about today. (You looked like a very "normal" mom of three kids). :)
Continuing to pray for your family.
Oh Julie I was so excited when a new post showed up on your blog! Thank you for the pictures! As for those mammoth carts- I usually grocery shop in the evenings after one or two of the kids go down. Then Philip isn't drowning in bedtime needs by himself and I can actually accomplish a grocery run without looking like a mental case! This might be another option for you. Thanks again for making time for us to be able to follow along with you via your blog!
Cute pics!!!
Fun to see your bunch in the house that you worked so hard to get ready for them! Praying for you all.
Julie & Karl,
Your kids are so cute! It sounds like things are going really well. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
So glad you are all adjusting well to normal life together. Loved the pictures- thanks for the peek into your busy days!
I agree with Charisa, grocery shopping in the evening when the kids are down is so nice, although it often takes me just as much time since I am very leisurely as I read labels and meander. I'm sure you would be more efficient than I!
How fun, the start of birthday season... after 5 months of periodic cake and balloons, they'll wonder why the dry spell for the next 7 months!
Love,
Lisa
Hey Armstrongs,
We are so happy for you ALL!!! It is true, they all grow up so fast. When we returned from Colombia in November, our kiddos were 2,3,4,5 and now we have a 6 years old with loose teeth 2 in school. We are just 2 months ahead of you in regards to Gotcha Day, but just the same we are are proud and ecstatic Papis and Mamis of our Colombian Angels. Our kids love looking at the pics of yours. Thanks for sharing!
Rena
So good to read about your family life as a five-some. I LOVE the pics. Don't forget Ben and I would love to watch the kiddos sometime when you two need a date night (Ben will translate for me :).
Love,
Jen
So wonderful to see you all at home and settling in! It is amazing how becoming a mother changes everything... We just sent our application into CHI to begin our Columbian adoption!! Yeah! Thanks for the encouragment!
Hello to the Armstrongs! Wow! Its been awhile...wonderful to see and your beautiful children! We know exactly what its like to have little ones! We now have 4 children ages, 6, 4, 3, and 17 mos!
Congrats and may the Lord give you strength each day to be who He created you to be!!
Blessings,
The Jones Family
Post a Comment