Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Up Again

I have wide eyes but no bushy tail. I am awake again. I fell asleep fine but Karl woke me up accidentally & I couldn't fall back asleep. Oh well, I am trying to make the best of it. I'd rather be doing this than lying there miserable failing to fall back to sleep. You can only lie there so long trying to coax your eyelids to get heavy.

The funny thing is that Karl said I had really huge eyes this morning when he got up - wide open and not blinking very often. He said that again at dinner. I guess I am feeling intense lately in addition to my strange sleeplessness.

Karl worked late to try to catch up. I worked on finalizing some of our Adoption Paperwork. I need to get everything ready so we can go have a few things notarized before Friday. We also need to take quite a few photos that will accompany our Dossier. Just add that to the massive To-Do List!

We enjoyed a meal out tonight together & chatted. It was nice. It is a delight to be married to my very best friend in the whole world. As we talked, it was soothing to be looked at with such caring eyes. He is a generous provision for me from My Heavenly Father & I am so thankful to share life with such a man as this.

We chatted about what to do about our car situation - buy car seats that will fit three in one of our backseats ($300 each) or try to buy a minivan? Well, obviously the most appealing choice is buying a van - except for COST & where in the world will we find a reliable used minivan? Anyway, that is just one of the topics we are kicking around.

Oh, a major bummer is that I checked email and the Plaster Specialist wrote us & said he was a little too enthusiastic about us doing the repairs ourselves. Actually here is a bit of the email:

"I came home today and started thinking more about your project. I would love to help you do this yourself, but the more I thought about it, I personally think it's just too much for a homeowner to accomplish. I hope you are not discouraged about this. There are just too many materials and techniques that you would need to know quite well, and it's just too much to expect from someone who has not done this type of work."
Well, I guess I am not surprised. It did seem a little too-good-to-be-true. We were both overwhelmed when he left. I guess we'll have to decide where to go from here.

I better end on a happier note or I'll have you all crying in your cheerios...

I added a new link in our Items of Interest Section: "Today's Audio Bible Devotional." It's really great - you will want to check it out.


Here's a picture of Beaker that is pretty cute. He is standing on Karl's shoulder...except the photographer accidentally cut half of Karl's head off. I think I am going to try to get some more Zzzzzzzzzz's.

1 comment:

momma g said...

Nicknames: Julski, Karbee & Beekie