Friday, July 27, 2007
Photo Frenzy
Just wanted to let you know that I am doing really well on the photo sheets!!! I have all the photos cut out for 4.5 of the sheets already!!! I haven't attached them yet but they are all laid out - minus the captions that will be added!!! Isn't that great?! I am so thankful (so is Karl!) I am enjoying this project now that I'm into it & can see it coming together.
Thank you, Mandy, for buying me that corner rounder years ago - it is getting quite a workout!!!
So is the paper trimmer my Mother-in-Law bought for me as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago! - Thanks, Mom!!!
Thank you for the double-tipped Sharpies, Momma G!!! I am so thankful for the extra fine tip so I can mark up the photos before cutting them!!!
I am going to get back to work on it now but just wanted to share my joy with you!!!
By the way, if you have ideas to share for this project - it is not too late!!! I'm open to ideas or to hear what you might have done with a project like this!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
hi! I don't know what the instructions you have received on this project are... but I do think it is such a GREAT idea!
Will they have translators to help them to understand the captions? Or are you supposed to do them in Spanish?
My thoughts on it would be to include some every day info... such as "Karl/Dad just got home from work. He does ____ at work. He goes to his job 5 days a week and has to leave early in the morning but is usually home in time for dinner."
Just some everyday info that gives them some tidbits of what to expect... both having to do with you two, and their new home ("this is our home and in our neighborhood there are many/a few other houses. There are some children of all ages. In the winter we often have snow or ice on the ground, and in the spring we often have rain")
Those are my thoughts. Again, I don't know what they have asked you to provide, but I can imagine that your little children will have many questions, and would cherish small details that perhaps seem everyday or unspectacular.
Lauren,
I love your ideas!!! I am going to find a way to incorporate them into the pages.
Thankfully, I haven't adhered any of the photos to the sheets yet so I have flexibility.
Really, we haven't been given that much as for what to include so I have been nervous I'll leave out something important!
We are supposed to put captions in Spanish so I am asking help for translating. The children's caretakers should help the kids read the captions.
Thank you for your helpful thoughts! We REALLY appreciate them and your thoughtfulness.
Post a Comment