Thursday, March 1, 2012

Buenas noches en Bogotá!

Wow, what a day!!! It has been a eventful and busy day. We were successful in planning a breakfast and lunch of creative concoctions to use up all of our remaining food in the apartment. In between meals, we packed and did a little communication with Joana and Ladi with help of an online translator.

After lunch, Karl went via taxi (again!) to pick up Ladi's visa. It took longer than expected but he returned safely and was thankful that he didn't get whiplash this time in the taxi.

While Papi was gone, I took the kids to the local park to get some exercise and to expend as much energy as possible. We had a great time running around and up and down little tiny hills, doing under-doggies on the swings, and playing. It was a lot of fun! Oh, and trying to avoid big, wild dogs running around without leashes! We had a nice time and came back to the apartment and had a little snack before Papi returned.

When Papi came home, we searched and gathered and packed while the kids did miscellaneous activities and games. Then we had two visitors, Lucia and her son David, who came to say good-bye. I had some more extensive time communicating with Joana and Ladi. Karl and Anji walked and picked up a chicken meal for dinner and something from the bakery for our early morning quick breakfast.

We wanted to get the kids to bed early but instead got them all to bed 40 minutes late! We had a really nice family Bible time going over John/San Juan - chapter 8:
48 The Jews answered him, “Are we not right in saying that you are a Samaritan and have a demon?”49 Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me. 50 Yet I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51 Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death.” 52 The Jews said to him, “Now we know that you have a demon! Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, ‘If anyone keeps my word, he will never taste death.’ 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you make yourself out to be?” 54 Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God.’ 55 But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.”57 So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.
There were a lot of questions - especially from Ladi and Joana who were thoroughly confused by verse 58, so we reread the beginning of John chapter 1 and even went back to Exodus - chapter 3 when God revealed Himself:
13 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I am has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.
Of course all of this was in Spanish and it was a lovely time, an exhilarating time when we are able to read the living Word of God together and learn more about our Lord.

Everyone went to bed happily and hopefully will sleep very well in preparation for our journey to home sweet home tomorrow. It is hard to believe that the time has finally come for us to go home.

We are so grateful to God who has worked miracles for the seven of us to be united together to create a new family. We are trusting Him with the future and that He will give us the grace to face each day of unknowns ahead. He is helping us and maturing us all. May God be glorified through our very feeble attempt to obey Him. May He be exalted and praised and loved and esteemed. We also pray that many other families will be encouraged to adopt, grafting children into their families for the advancement of God's Kingdom!

No comments: