We are back from the business trip and working to get the house set up. I was on the phone with my mom and told her about how disturbed I am with the house full of boxes (and a huge mess) and how little progress I feel like I am making...she said, "Julie, it has only been a week." "Oh yeah," I said, "but it feels like a month already." We are making progress but it has been hard to decide where to put everything.
With all of the moving chaos our regular habits were totally disrupted. We have made the expectations clearer as well as the consequences for not obeying and everyone seems much happier. Thankfully, the kids are already doing much better than last week! It has been a happy move but it has been tough for all of us.
Thank you for your kind notes and prayers for the five of us. We know that God has a plan for us here. We look forward to seeing that plan unfold!
BTW: more pictures coming soon! Just unpacked the tripod yesterday and I am anxious to put it to good use!
3 comments:
Praying for you all as you adjust to your new home. Praying also that you find a great church family to worship and fellowship with.
Hang in there with the boxes - take stock of the small steps. :)
Kitchen first...get your kitchen right and life will be much smoother. Good luck!
How is the unpacking/settling in process going? I've been thinking of you and hope to talk again soon!
Love, Mandy
Post a Comment