It is really hard to be on the phone for what seems like 24 hours a day with all of this stuff for the houses and take care of the kids. Who am I on the phone with? Phone calls alternate back & forth from two realtors (who are communicating messages from two other realtors), mortgage providers, movers, voice mails, Karl, etc...What are all of these time-consuming calls for? Today they were to coordinate packing, loading and delivery dates, closing dates and times for both houses, inspection details for both houses, setting up appointments, what to bring to appointments...it is crazy.
Thankfully, we got out for a while tonight. After being on the phone all day, it felt like a vacation! We ate dinner at Culvers and then shopped for necessities at the local Wally World.
Karl had to go back to the other "home" to finish up some work & he will be gone for the next couple of days. So, I am trying to conquer the time-sensitive home details and still try to incorporate something remotely fun to do with the kids so we are not totally cooped up.
Tomorrow is the home inspection on casa blanca/home #1. we have an 11 a.m. appointment to initiate our new mortgage. I really hope the kids cooperate & make this experience painless. I am bringing papers for the girls to work on and will give Andres something to color. Before or after that, we need to pick up mail at the post office. For dinner, kids' night at Fazolis/home of el tomate rojo! It is a cheap, fun meal for all of us and something to look forward to!
So, when will we get into our new house? Well, after working out details after a ton of phone calls, it looks like our stuff will be packed up on May 11th and 12th, loaded on the 13th, house will be empty and clean for closing on the 14th when new owners will take possession and we will close on our new home at 9 am on the 15th with a moving truck ready to unload our stuff as close to 10 a.m. as possible when we show up with keys! Pretty exciting!
A funny thing that struck me when I was telling Karl the details of the day is that our realtor called & left a message including the best times to work around the seller's work schedule when scheduling our home inspection...so Karl and I laughed about the awkwardness of the seller following us around as we tour the home. Hmmm...we'll have to work on that one...I better make another phone call!
No comments:
Post a Comment