Thursday, March 19, 2009

Little Blessings

"I'm sad because I love you."

I know it sounds like something from a daytime soap opera but this is from the lips of a very sweet little girl. It is a little phrase that Claudia came up with one day and announced to me with a very serious face. You would have to hear her say it. We need to capture it on video. It is precious! It was so totally hilarious to me the first time and continues to be every time she says it to me/us. Now we giggle about it together and all of us say it to each other trying to come up with new dramatic variations! At a time when things are not very much fun and are much too serious and stressful, this is really a sweet exchange that puts such a smile on all of our faces! We can always count on Claudia to say something really funny and cute! She is such a special part of LFA.


Here are some of the recent adaptations to the original "I'm sad because I love you"...


"I'm sad because I am happy that I love Papi/Mami."

"I'm sad because I love you so much, so much."

"I'm so happy because you are my hija/hijo/Papi/Mami."


Now to say this effectively to one of your loved one, you must tilt your head ever so slightly down and a bit to the side, pause a moment and with an expressionless face and wide non-blinking eyes, and with a dramatic low voice, declare your sad-happiness to the one who is so dear to you! Have fun!

1 comment:

janine said...

Oh, so cute!

We are right there with you, friend, in the chaos that is MOVING! I'm praying things go smoothly for you!!

love!