Having three kids now, life has become increasingly complex. We seem to always be running to and fro just to get the necessities done: get kids dressed, on the potty, wash hands, brush teeth, brush hair, give a host of directions (over & over), read to them, pray with them, feed them, wash hands...and I must not forget baths, time spent picking out three outfits a day, restocking backpacks, & repeating this process (over & over)! Add to this mix homework, notes to teachers, and permission slips and all of this on top of our household responsibilities and our days are pretty full!
Anyway, the point is that there seems to be very little time to accomplish anything beyond these constant necessities. Thankfully, we get dishes done, meals on the table, laundry "done" (I have a very full basket of folded laundry that needs put away & much more waiting for me downstairs), and general cleaning gets done on a fairly regular basis. However, we are fighting the clutter monster over here. Stuff accumulates quickly! Oh, our problem is a hoard of school & other papers, mail that needs attention, stuff that needs put away or simply needs a "home," new toys or other items that need incorporated, items that still need to be unpacked or unwrapped, any and everything that gets dropped off by the door but never picked back up - you name it, we have got it. It could be much worse, but it is bad enough and is bugging us!
So, Karl and I sat down and made a plan for a "blitz." Last night we attacked the living room and tonight we'll attack the bathroom and we will continue throughout the weeknights after the kids go to bed. I was kind of dreading it but it went extremely well! A lot of what we did was little changes that made a big difference - a little dusting, moving some things, & straightening up. It is not perfect and there is always an undone project for us to complete but it is SO much BETTER!
I am so thankful for such a wonderful Husband who is so full of insight and great ideas. He is responsive, decisive, thoughtful, patient, creative, kind, fun to work with, helpful, loving and supportive. I give thanks to the Lord for him!
4 comments:
I will have to try this! I do "blitzes" throughout the day- I say, ok, I have 20 minutes, what can I get done?
Been meaning to tell you guys that we enjoyed our visit all those months ago- your kiddos are adorable, and very well behaved! It's good to see that things are still going well-
Love ya
Christy
for the Fullers
Will you guys come to our house when you get through with yours??? :) Your post sounded like I could have written it! It is wonderful to have a husband who is so supportive. I am very thankful for mine for the same reasons! Glad you are able to blitz some of your rooms. Keep up the great work. Your children are just so precious and beautiful and worth every little mess! (And I know you know that!)
Haha! I love it! I can totally relate! I can't seem to keep the boys' room clean- even with their help! They are so much more quicker than I. Tatiana is easy! I think it will be much easier when they age a few more years, then we won't have to take out the trash as often, do as many dishes, do as much laundry (as they seem to change from school uniform to play clothes each day), b/c they will be old enough to help! Hallelujah!
Even though, my life is a crazy race right now, I feel it is not complete and we will adopt again! Not now, of course, but it's just the feeling it's not complete...yet! God is good and He will give us the grace to get through...it's "something beautiful"!
You guys are doing a great job!
Wow, what a great post!!!
Post a Comment