Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Napkin Dilemma

Traditional napkins just aren't working. All of our kids would much rather wipe their food all over their arms than use the available nicely folded napkin next to their plate! (Of course it is a huge issue if someone forgets to set a napkin at their place setting!) If one of our kids does happen to use the napkin as instructed, one might see a faint hint of use on a teensie weensie corner of the napkin upon very close inspection. Thus, we have been cutting napkins in half to minimize waste. 2 Problems: I do not have time to cut napkins in half & am totally annoyed when I tear the napkin in half and it is jagged on the torn end!!!

A friend of mine had a cute little dispenser on her table with tall Diner-style napkins. I am an avid napkin user - sometimes indulging in two napkins for a particularly messy meal - so these little dainty napkins didn't "do" much for me at the time. However, we remembered those napkins & thought they were a good idea so we bought a mammoth pack of these at Sam's as a good resolution to our ongoing napkin irritation. Problem: mucho napkins ready for use & no dispensers available (discontinued, out of stock, ugly, etc!)

So my loyal friend knowing that I needed a napkin dispenser came across one in a catalog and I am so happy to report that I will be the proud owner of a new shiny napkin dispenser!!! It will arrive tomorrow! Ordering it was a feat in and of itself and how exciting to be able to look forward to using it tomorrow by dinner time!

I also have a "special" roll of tape that I always keep in the same spot for fixing torn books or what be. Well, I bought a giant bag of play food and it has a bunch of little play canned goods with cute little labels on them and I wanted to tape the labels on with my favorite special tape. I have looked high & low and cannot find the tape. The kids keep asking me about their little canned goods that are set aside...I keep looking but the tape is no where to be found... Well, I am so happy that tomorrow, 2 rolls of my special tape will be arriving along with my new napkin dispenser! One box, two problems solved! Such small pleasures!

1 comment:

Laura S said...

If there is an IKEA near you they have great napkins for a reasonable prince. They are very thick, which I love.