Sunday, May 18, 2008

LFA: 12 Weeks Home Together

We just passed our 12 week mark of being home together here in the U.S., with 18 weeks now total as a family of five!!! We are so thankful that things seem to be normalizing in the Armstrong household! Karl and I are feeling much less frazzled, much more experienced and at-ease. Truly, we have come so far!!!

For the first time today, feeling brave and hopeful, all five of us went to our Adult Bible Class together in addition to the worship service (an additional 1 1/2 hours plus getting up earlier) - the kids did GREAT and enjoyed it too! We didn't have one problem or complaint!!! We are so happy that they all LOVE going to iglesia!!! The night before church they are so excited and then they cheer as we pull up to church - it is so CUTE!!!

Some dear friends have come over to spend time with the kids to give us a little time out just the two of us. This has been such a BLESSING! The kids really enjoy friends visiting and seem to understand the importance and benefit of this time. Time invested in our marriage means a happier and better-equipped Mami & Papi!!!

Karl has been lovingly & sacrificially giving me time out alone. Each week, he cares excellently for the kids while I have a few hours to myself to shop & run errands. This alone time combined with the dates with Karl have made all the difference in the world in my outlook, energy-level and overall well-being! With no alone time, I was feeling very run down. But now, I am feeling much more refreshed and energized! I am SO grateful!

The kids are so happy, with beautiful beaming smiles each day and very minimal behavior issues. We continue to grow closer & closer and have such a precious bond. We ADORE our kids!!! And they ADORE us!!! They are the three most special and cute kids in the whole-wide world!!! We laugh A LOT and have so much fun together! Just try to imagine us running around the yard playing "gusano" or chasing after tons of bubbles in the yard or working in the kitchen/cocina together or singing silly songs to each other.

Being these kids' parents is an absolute JOY and honor. We praise the Lord for bringing us together - in His sovereignty, matching us up and creating a beautiful family. We are in AWE of His handiwork.

8 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Awesome!!! Julie, it gets better and better, girl! You have some beautiful children. You guys are blessed...and they are blessed by you guys! To hear you say how you absolutely adore your children...just makes my heart smile! I feel the very same way with my kids...I'm so in love with them..they bring much joy to my life...along with the headaches, but the joy is greater...

And, God has such a way of knitting us closer all the time. I sometimes wonder will this feeling fade with time. I don't ever want it to...I want to be their advocate, their only "MAMI", their friend and protector, their teacher, and everything else...FOREVER!

I'm rambling. Sorry. But congrats on the 3-Month Mark! The next 3-Months will be that much easier...Thank you both for being obedient to the calling of adopting a sibling group. I believe through our obedience in adopting God will give us a voice in the lives of others to share of His love, so to Him be all the glory! Our stories are so much BIGGER than even, we realize!

Happy 3 Months!
Wendi, CHI Mami to 3, MS

Jill Phillips said...

Praising the Lord with you guys for His goodness and mercy and incredible provision! What a lovely picture of our adoption into Jesus Christ. We are so very excited things are going so well for your precious family!

Amy said...

Julie, This is such a great post! The joy you have in your heart shows through so greatly!

We are praying for your family! May the Lord bless you greatly!

Teresa said...

Hi Julie! Thanks for the Post and Pics! It's truly amazing to see what God has and IS doing in your family! Praying that He continues to Bless your faithfulness to Him

The Jensen Family said...

Congrats on your 12 week mark! I know it must feel great to find a new normal and get things to where all is comfortable. Your kids look like thy have grown a lot since you've brought them home. So beautiful, too! Although we are only in week one with our kids, we can see how each day , each week makes a big difference. Best wishes for the next 12 weeks!

Traci

mjdav said...

How sweet...I LOVE reading your posts!

Charisa said...

Oh Karl and Julie, we are so happy for you. This miracle of adoption is so beautiful to watch- thank you for sharing with us!

momma g said...

I confess I haven't been checking the blog as often as I used to! I can see I sure have missed lots! What a darling family, I see your smiles and feel all the love you share with one another! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Love, Momma G