Monday, February 18, 2008

LFA Day 34 - Where Have We Been?

Hello friends, this is Karl! I appologize for not keeping you posted. Here´s a review of the last 3 days.

Saturday 2/16: We have been enjoying Bogota and the ability to walk around freely (without escrots like in Cali). On this date we walked to a park before lunch and then walked several blocks to a grocery store after nap time. That afternoon it had been raining, but we braved the weather and only caught sprinkles on the way back. The girls, who were in the dual umbrella stoller enjoyed the rain and their new jackets.

Sunday 2/17: We were invited by a adoptee here at the B&B to join her in her weekly walk to a large craft/Colombian wares market. It was a very long walk than inculded two hills. One really neat thing about the walk and this country is that on Sundays one side of the street is closed for walkers, bikers, skaters, etc. while the other side stays open for automobiles. This made getting to our destination much easier than the sidewalks would have been (and were on the return trip). We all really enjoyed the market and picked up a few things for home. We also picked up sunburn (J and I). Along with the sunburn, I think we also picked up some illness becasue since then we have not felt all that well - especially J.

Monday 2/18: Presidents´ Day in the US and at the US Embassy. We were warned that a holiday may slow us down (they have quite a few) - but that was okay because we sure needed the rest. I watched the kids while J rested during breakfast and after their nap time. She saw a doctor today and is following his directions. She is achy and feeling very bad. Soon I will get her up for her medication.

Tomorrow at 9:00 am we will be picked up by our representative and taken to the Embassy. Tonight I got our ´just in case´paperwork inorder and or representative already has our ´must have documents´in hand - oh, and we cannot forget the passports (all 5). The process will take a good chunk of the day and we should be able to pick the visas up on Wednesday. As of today, we are still planning on returing home on Thurday :) !!!!!

Well, I am off to bed! Good Night All.

PS - Have you typed on a Spanish keyboard before...

19 comments:

mjdav said...

It was good to hear your latest news, except the part about Julie being sick. Praying that she will feel much better tomorrow and everyone will be able to enjoy the Embassy appointment and the trip home. The end is in sight!!!

NiNi said...

Hi Everone! No I have not typed on a spanish keyboard but...years ago I typed on a typewriter for the blind. We are praying for Julie. We're so excited to hear you are all headed home. Love NiNi and family

Laura S said...

Glad you made it back! Have been wondering how you guys were doing. Sounds like things are rolling along now. Today probably won't be as bad as you think. You get to bypass the long line at the Embassy so that helps a lot. It will still take a couple of hours though. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here and you make it back on Thursday as planned.

Hope J feels better soon. And yes, typing on a spanish keyboard is very strange.

Julie & Gary said...

Yes, we have been wondering where you have been! We look forward each day to your updates - we realize, though, there may not be time or energy left at the end of the day to post. We are praying today for your time at the Embassy. We are also praying for your health and strength. Also praising the Lord for all He has done!!

Chuck & Becky said...

Thank you for the update. We were concerned but know that God has your family firmly protected. We're praying for final completion of your Visas and a safe return home. Enjoy your last couple days in Colombia; in three weeks it will all seem like a distant dream.
Chuck

dj said...

It was wonderful to get your update! We continue praying for you and hope to see you in just a few days!!! Love, The Hodges

Whitney said...

Julie...praying you get to feeling well soon!

The Spanish keyboard comment made me smile...I had a few issues when I needed a document in Guat.:)

Teresa said...

How exciting! Praying all will go smoothly and you'll be in the avion for home on Thursday!!! Also praying for J to get better..... I've heard Thomas' dad comment on having to use a Chinese keyboard. Aparently, there are no english letters there so you have to rely on your memory of which keys are which. . . something like that - I would fail as I look at my hands almost constantly when typing!

Beth and Eric said...

K & J, we're so sorry you're not feeling well--Julie especially! We're asking the Lord for your healing and added strength for the next few days. Hoping the embassy appointment goes well today. We love you and can't wait to welcome you home!

Amy said...

Praying for Julie to feel better. May the Embassy appt be quicker than anticipated.

You are almost home! We are so excited for you to be back!

Praying also for all of you as you travel.

jana said...

Praying for you guys!! Thanks for the update, we look forward to seeing you on US soil!

Jenny said...

I am so sorry to hear that Julie is not feeling well. We will pray for healing. It is not easy to be down with little ones still needing things. We will also pray that everything goes smoothly these last few days with paperwork, etc. and for safe traveling. Love, Jenny

Lisa said...

Wow--hard to believe that you will soon be coming home! Praying that all goes smoothly and Julie heals quickly!

Lisa H

Sherri said...

We're praying for Julie to feel better! That has to be hard, by now I am sure you'd love to be in your own bed. I remember typing on a Spanish keyboard, and you did a much better job than me :).

We hope everything went well today. I can picture the embassy as if I was there yesterday! You're so close, Praise the Lord, you'll soon be home! Enjoy the rest of your time.

Love,
Sherri

Jill Phillips said...

Praying for health and strength for you today, Julie! So glad you have Karl to share the load while you are under the weather. It's hard to believe you could be home in two days!!! Yippee!

Sandra said...

Hello Guys,
Julie, I am so sorry you are not feeling well! I pray the medicine works and you will quickly recover from whatever it is that you caught. Praying for your appointments tomorrow!! Can't wait for your return home!! Love you ALL

Blessings,
Sandra (& Chris)

Cheryl said...

Thanks so much for the update!!! I'm so sorry Julie is down...Praying for all of you guys!!! Miss you tons!

Love, Paul & Cheryl

Monica said...

Praying that both of you will feel better and sustained for your trip. We can't wait to have you home. I hope everything went well today. Monica

Nicole said...

Praying all went well today and that Julie is feeling better.

It's so exciting to think towards you all being home this week. I bet you can't wait to be home.

Love to you all,
Nicole