Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 23 Together - A Hot Day in Cali

There still has not been a resolution to the situation here in Cali so far. The situtation is quite serious as you will see from reading the following article - click on this link to read a translated version of the news report: Crisis in Cali Courts. Thank you for praying for our family at this time.

21 comments:

jana said...

You guys, we are praying for you and for the situation with the judges. We will pray that the meeting they have on Friday will be productive and bring everyone back to work. This must be so hard for you right now. Keep remembering how God's timing has been perfect in this adoption - He cares for each of you and will provide what you need. This has not taken Him by surprise. Know that we are praying earnestly for you in this uncertainty and time of waiting. Sending hugs your way...

mjdav said...

Keep trusting God. Thank the Lord you have internet and can stay connected to everyone back home. We'll keep praying. What a blessed story you will have to talk to the children about when they older.

The Derrs said...

I am not sure exactly what to offer as encouragement except that the Lord is in control of all of this...perfect in His timing and orchestration of every minute detail. We are praying that you are continually reminded of God's presence and are blessed abundantly with the extra time that you have to spend in your children's hometown!

We will, most certainly, continue to pray for the courts situation there as well!

momma g said...

I read with disbelief what is happening right now.. I know that God's hand is in this, and I know the huge army of faithful prayer partners (friends & family) you two have - I will focus on the positive things that ARE happening right now! ... "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36
All my love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Psalm 20: 1-2: may the Lord answer you in the day of trouble. May the name of the God of Jacob set you securely on high! May He send you help from the sanctuary and support you from Zion.
verses: 4-5 May he grant you your heart's desire. And fulfill all your counsel We WILL sing for joy over your victory, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners(A.K.A. Welcome Home signs!)
Good Morning guys: Now would be a good time to download Brooklyn Tabernacle's "On Time God" song and sing it from the mountain tops. Praying constantly for you. Monica

Sandra said...

Karl and Julie,
We are praying for all of you and the situation with the judges....
Know that GOD IS in control! Rest in HIS loving arms, and set your focus on HIM!! Enjoy this time with your precious children. I know that you are longing to return home...we are all waiting with you!!

Love and Prayers,
Sandra (& Chris)

Nicole said...

I am sorry to hear you all are in the midst of this situation. i will continue to be in prayer for the safety of all of you and to ask God to bring the courts back quickly, or, if that's not His will, to sustain you and to fill you up during this difficult time of waiting. I look forward to seeing what He will do - you will certainly have a story of praise in the end - God has a way of doing that...yet, it must be hard to be in the midst of it.

Here is some scripture for you:

Psalm 20:7 "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God."


"The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases." Proverbs 21:1

As those above said in their posts, God is not surprised by this event - He is working through all of the officials in this situation. I pray you are seeing Him work in your day and continuing to look to Him for His peace and His plan.

If you have any needs or there would be anything I can mail to you, please e-mail me and let me know.

Love, Nicole for the Peppers

Nicole said...

PS - I'm praying you and the kids have a blessed day together - that the Lord will help you to find great joy and contentment in today, even though your heart's desire is to come home.

Teresa said...

Wow! Praying for you guys in this - thanks for sending the article - it helps to understand what's happening.

One verse I hold on to during confusing and difficult times is Proverbs 3:5-6 'Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.'

Love you all and praying for you!

Teresa

Daniel said...

Praying for you this morning...we are praying that the court situation clears up quickly and that God gives you the grace to endure through these tough circumstances!

Pastor Ritch said...

Karl and Julie,

We are interceding for you before the God who is sovereign over all the affairs of creation. We are praying for a swift solution to the troubling delay that you are experiencing. May God strengthen and purify your faith as you pass through this trial. We love you much!

Anonymous said...

Armstrong FAMILY, we are all praying for you and this situation. This is not out of the control of our sovereign Lord and may you find His strength and faithfulness even in the midst of this difficulty. I am glad you can use the time to have outdoor activities and continue your bonding. But I am praying for a swift resolution and a speedy return home.

Your children's pictures are precious and how blessed they are.

Deut 32:4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.

-Jerry

Chris Jenkins said...

Karl & Julie,

We are so sorry to hear about this! Laurie and I are praying for you guys and we can't wait to get all of you back home!

Sherri said...

We're praying! We read through Caleb's bible start to finish and last nights story was about Jesus calming the storm! I don't think it was a coincidence that we read that story when just a couple days ago I felt God wanted me to share that with you. Jesus can calm this storm in a moment. That's what we're praying for. We pray for peace for you as well. God bless you, and keep you, and cause His face to shine on you!

Love,
Sherri

Amy said...

Karl and Julie,

Remember that all 5 of you are precious to the Lord and He has not forgotten you in Columbia. May you see His hand on your day today. May you know His peace in this uncertainty.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Ken, Amy, and family

Lisa said...

I'm praying for you, as always! It must be difficult to wait for news of when this will resolve. I hope you can enjoy these days with your precious children, and not feel consumed with worry. The Lord is with you; none of this comes as a surprise to Him and none of it is out of His control. He will care for you in the face of this challenging situation, drawing you close as you rely fully on Him. Let your encouragement come not from this world (or the news), but from the Lord Himself!

Anonymous said...

Karl and Julie: I just wanted you to know that many of us check your blog several times a day. We may not always leave a comment but you are always in our thoughts, our conversations with each other and of course, our prayers. Monica

The Benchers said...

I finally found your blog. I have a lot of reading to catch up on. Our prays are with you. I cannot wait to meet them in person. Someone gave me these verses the other day as encouragement. Romans 15:5&6 "May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Jesus Christ, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
God Bless,
Jeremy & Jen

Anonymous said...

Karl and Julie,

We will pray for you through this situation.

Dear Heavenly Father, we ask you to do great and mighty things for Your glory in the midst of this difficult turn of events! We plead that these three precious children will come home with Karl and Julie very soon. May this time be an ebenzer of YOUR FAITHFULNESS to Karl and Julie and their three children. Please help Carl and Julie to "Be still and know YOU are God" to walk in faith because thier trust is in You.

In Jesus Name, Amen

Love, Andy and Jill Lehman

The Wilkens Family said...

WOW! I can't even imagine where your thoughts are now. Praying for some resolution SOON! Glad to hear you are still safe...keep us posted!

The Schmidt's said...

Hi to you... I don't know if you know us from the Christian Adoptive Group at New Castle, but we are in the process in Ecuador right now with our second child from there. We totally understand, as our first adoption, the same thing happened to us with the strikes in 2005.We came home exactly 5 weeks later and it was all worth it. You will come thru because God Prevails. We will pray for you and the chldren. You will look back on all this and be stronger and much closer to one another. Please visit our blog when you have time.
adoptingdori.blogspot.com
We are leaving in the morning, to
go back for our little girl. We were there 3 weeks and came home 2 weeks. Only because of the government as well.
We must meet !
In Christ, John and Cheryl