Thursday, January 24, 2008

Night Watch: Day 9

We pretty much have taken it easy today. Not a lot of activity. We all woke up at 8 am and then ate breakfast, bathed everyone & packed up the backpack and loaded everyone up to go. It was not a very nice park - tons of mud, not very clean and no playground! Thankfully, we had brought a ball which the kids kicked around. It turned out to be a pretty good time and gave the kids some extra excercise so they were extra tired.



We put the kids to bed at 9 and gave them lots of wind-down time but unfortunately they are still up. We literally have to stand guard at the door so the girls don't get out of bed. Unfortunately, it looks like we got tricked and walked away for too long and the girls got up again. :( I think it was Claudia's fault but who knows. It's now been two whole hours we have been doing this. Karl is back in there. We had to take away Anji's doll, bear and blanket. Karl is not only a fantastic Husband, but also a wonderful Dad! This is really hard work; there are so many dynamics involved and the details change every day. Again, we very much appreciate all of you who are praying for us. We are in desperate NEED of Divine intervention!!!

8 comments:

Whitney said...

Praying fervently!

A said...

I've been praying too! The Lord is your strength!

Summer said...

Dan and I are remembering you before our perfect and powerful, Papa. By the way, everything looks great at your house.

Lisa said...

Praying that God will give you the divine HOPE and encouragement that you need today, that He will REFRESH your soul! He understands what you are going through and He cares. I am praying that you will feel His nearness and unfailing love today.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:5

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog through a friend's blog. She is adoption a little girl from Guatemala. But I so admire your families courage and perseverance through these first weeks of parenthood. I have never heard such a dramtically challenging situation to walk into--but GOD is using you and will continually use you in your children's lives. May God give you strength and courage today. "He knows every detail of what is happening to me."Job 23:10 Rachelle

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

When Ben and I first brought our children home, we had to lay in bed with the boys until they would drift off to sleep. Or, they would sneak...and we'd find them in the closet playing with their toys...it was all so new to them. Soon after, the first 2-3 weeks at home, we had to break it before it became a habit. We began putting them in bed b/w 730-8. We required "our time", too!!! And, we had to be close by, and Diego still gets up to go potty 3-4 times before he is down. It will get better... think survival...think once you get home...that is what carried us thru our time in Colombia!

I will pray for continued intervention and that the Holy spirit lite upon your family, and peace with you all...and a rejuvenation to you and Karl. (Sometimes, in the whole transition, I had to remind myself, that this is what I asked for, this is what I prayed for, so show me, Lord, what I am supposed to do...and that sometimes helped me look at the bigger picture...remember you are uprooting seed from the enemy's camp, expect challenges! But know that God is already there, and He HAS EQUIPPED YOU, whether you feel like or believe it...he has! And I think you guys are going to make awesome parents!!!)

Jill Phillips said...

Looking into the adorable faces of those precious children I just can't even imagine them giving you a bit a trouble going to sleep at night! (wink, wink) Please know that we are taking your family before the throne of grace many times each day. May you both be strengthened and encouraged today. -B&J Phillips

Jaime said...

I am praying for you as well! Jason and I have learned that parenthood is one of the fires the Lord puts us in to refine us. (We also found out we have a lot of refining that needs done!) I am praying for rest to refresh your souls and bodies! May God give you peace and joy as you serve Him through your leadership, love and dedication to these children. I pray the kiddos will accept your instruction as well as the Lord shows them what it looks like to be loved by Christian parents. We are disciplined because we are loved. That's a hard concept for adults to accept, let alone small children. They will get it one day and arise and call you blessed! Keep up the good work!

Jaime