Sunday, January 13, 2008

Armstrongs in Colombia

WE MADE IT!!!

WE ARE HERE!!!

Right now it is 10:53 USA Central Time / 11:53 COL time!!! We are in a B&B in Bogota called El Refugio and are doing well - just hungry :) Thank goodness I brought crackers or we'd be in big trouble! We just got here not too long ago. Our flight was on time but with all the immigration, customs, baggage claim and ATM-ing and a long taxi drive, we are finally here!!! We CAN HARDLY believe we are here!!! Looks like tomorrow at 1:30 pm we will leave to go to airport to fly to Cali. We'll stay at another B&B there for the majority of our trip. We can hardly believe this is really happening! Everything has gone pretty smoothly and we are so grateful. We are so happy to be here and are so excited to meet our three little sweethearts! J

This is so great, so wonderful, and so exciting. All day we have been in awe that we are traveling to meet and receive our children. What an incredible experience and whirlwind today has been. I do not have the words to express our wonder. We are so thankful that God has led us this way and eager to watch the days unfold. K

18 comments:

The Derrs said...

Hello Karl & Julie!

We are so glad that you arrived in Colombia safe and sound! We will be praying for you guys in the coming days as you receive your children and begin moving forward as a family of 5!!!!

We are additionally looking forward to reading your updates while there and upon your return!

Much Love,
David & Sheila Derr

Dan and Karen said...

It is a surreal experience. All the planning and waiting is over and it's just hard to believe! Enjoy your time.
Karen

Anonymous said...

I could not find the right words to express this total experience either, but found something on my calendar - "My times are in Thy hand." Psalm 31:15
Love, MommaG

momma g said...

Ooops, I haven't figured out how to use this thing... Love, Momma G

Teresa said...

Wow! Unbelievable! I'm so glad you made it there safely and are in the final part of this long journey to become a family of 5! I will be praying for you while you are there!

Whitney said...

Praising the Lord you have completed the first leg of your journey! I am "butterfly in the stomach" excited for you all!

Christy said...

So glad to hear you are there and just one more tomorrow without your three beautiful children. :) Thanks for taking the time to update all your family and friends...including us crazy blogger friends. :)
Christy

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

I found a plaque the other day that had the word "Awesome" defined...as impressive and frightening; inspiring awe...Our God is an awesome God, and I praise him for what He has already started in your hearts and the hearts of YOUR children, and what He will continue to do as He unites your hearts as one family...May you have an awesome experience (in all the good ways) while you are in Colombia! I can't wait to read more! God will open doors for you that you won't expect; He will give you everything you need while you are there...where your foot steps, claim it for the gospel...May you be given favor by the government and things run smoothly and quick! May there be an instantaneous bond between mother and child, between father and child...a bond so beautiful, so strong, that these children know without a shadow of a doubt that you are theirs and they are yours!!!

We love ya, and don't even know ya!! (that sounds crazy!) But we are giving you a mighty WHOO-Rah!! here in Mississippi!

Beth and Eric said...

Praise the Lord for your safe arrival! All day yesterday I kept thinking, "I wonder where they are now." :) I'm SO glad you can update all of us up here. We can't wait to hear what happens next! :) Know that we love you dearly and are praying fervently for you.
Love and hugs,
Beth

jana chambers said...

I kept thinking of and praying for you guys all day yesterday. Thanks for the update!! One more day! How exciting!

Sherri said...

You must be at the airport as I write this! How exciting. I'm praying for you, and am so glad you are there. I know God has a wonderful story scripted for your trip, so enjoy it, even any bumps in the road.

Take care,

Sherri

Anonymous said...

Karl & Julie- WOW!!!! We are so excited for you guys- I just checked you blog to see when you were leaving or if you had left and you are there!!! What an exciting time for you both! We cannot wait to meet your little brood (and introduce them to ours) when you return! Praying for a safe trip and return; We LOVE you guys!!! : )

The Barkers

Amy said...

Karl and Julie,

Been praying all day for you ALL. May the Lord be very near to you at such an exciting time.

(Praying their hearts are ready for you to win over.)

Boyacheks said...

We are so excited for you guys and are so looking forward to hearing about your time there! Glad you made it safely. You are in our prayers! Jim and Jaime theboyachekadventures.blogspot.com

Genece said...

Hey Armstrong 2,

So glad to hear you're venturing along on this journey safely and that the day is almost upon you to become the Armstrong 5!! YEAH!!! That day of meeting the children is such an awesome experience and believe me, you're so uplifted in our prayers! We'll also be praying as a group for you tonight in the CHI prayer chat meeting room. We look forward to many updates on your blog and cannot wait to see pictures of the little ones!

Sending our prayers, Genece & Rick

Anonymous said...

This is definitely "butterflies in the stomach" excitement! Tomorrow will be an even more unbelievable day!
Debi

Nicole said...

I'm so excited for you all. :) Praying for a blessed time together with your trio of cuties tomorrow. :) Thanks for keeping us posted!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!
By now you have been greeted by Reyna and are trying your best to settle in for the next leg of your journey. Our prayer is that you relish every moment from here on in...from the surreal first glimpses of your children to the very real first tears they will shed and everything in between. God's grace to each of the Armstrong Family!

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." I Samuel 1:27 Keep on that promise & you'll be reminded He is by your side each gorgeous moment in Colombia (and once you return home).

All the best-
Jack, Erin & Juan