Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Where do I even start? It was a good weekend but it passed much too quickly!!!

Saturday, a friend came over and helped Karl finish the plumbing to our shower/bathtub!!! We are so thankful. Karl said what took the two of them 3 hours would have taken him days alone. Karl also got the shower curtain rod mounted and installed the shower head and shower controller. He did many other things too! Very encouraging progress!

I worked on cleaning out a few potential storage areas and finally finished putting on tag holders on the good ole canvas bins on our hallway shelf!!! That was great! Plus I painted, worked in the kids' room, etc.

Another friend also came over to take sacks of clothes that I haven't had time to go through and is washing and sorting them for us. She wanted & insisted on doing this and I refused but she would not take "NO!" for an answer. Truly, this is such an incredible relief and I am really grateful for such kindness.

Our Adult Sunday School Class threw Karl and me a shower yesterday and it was overwhelmingly encouraging! We enjoyed it so much - they had a hilarious "Newly Parents" game, yummy food, smiling faces, lots of hugs & encouraging words from such loving friends who are so excited about the adoption. We left there so very blessed: on a 1-10 scale, we are a 100!!! Our friends showered us with such special gifts: crib bedding, a host of really neat bi-lingual/other children's books, CD's & DVD's, blankets, a changing pad cover, a crib mattress cover, flash cards, a few outfits, some toys, stuffed animals, 3 really cute giant cuddly teddy bears, a couple of books to help us gain wisdom as parents, and gift cards/money to buy things we need for the children! Everyone was so enthusiastic and so generous - it was breath-taking! We are so thankful for such loving friends to come alongside of us & to invest in the children & in our family in this way.


On a sad note, Karl's Dad is very sick and in the hospital and the Doctors are not totally certain why he is so sick or what to do for treatment. We are concerned about him and would appreciate prayer for him and for the family at this time!

3 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Happy New Year Julie & Karl!!!

I will certainly be praying for your father during this time...Be encouraged, stay focused on your mission to bring these babies home; sometimes the devil tries to distract us from what God purposes us to do..and what an easy target- our families...

I will pray, you may also want to post it on the yahoo group, so that others can join along in holding you guys up in prayer at this time and during the next month and a half. I am so psyched for you and Karl! I think you guys are going to make "cool" or "hip" is the new word, I think, parents!

It is so amazing to see the family of God embrace adoption. And also, to see how God provides for us during this adoption journey! Thanks for sharing! Again, I can't wait for you guys to travel to follow along on your blog! Woohoo! Look out, CALI!!!! BIG SMILES!!!

Dan and Karen said...

It is so exciting watching you get ready to travel to meet your children! Makes me want to do it again! Dan says "with you next husband".:) I guess I'll just have to get my fix watching others travel.

Karen

Whitney said...

Ahhh, you all are close to single digits!!

We will be praying for your father-in-law to get well soon!