Monday, November 26, 2007

6 Weeks & Counting!

We had a nice weekend and really enjoyed the visit from my Sister and her family! We were so glad they came and the time went by much too quickly!

Saturday night, we went to see Bella - which was an incredible film. All I can say is: GO SEE IT! You won't be sorry! Karl and I have been reflecting on it ever since the movie ended. It keeps coming to our minds. Actually, we both said we would like to go see it again because it was that good. By the way, it was inspired by a true story. We highly recommend this film! (Although it is a clean film, I wouldn't necessarily bring your little ones to it because it deals with very mature themes.)



I was feeling sick yesterday and am recovering today so I am taking it easy.

Nothing from Colombia yet. Our CHI contact says that she will try to get more information tomorrow as the CHI Colombia Program Director is flying to Colombia today. We are more than ready to proceed so hopefully they can give us a detailed update tomorrow!!!

Karl and I worked on a 6-Week Countdown checklist of all the stuff that still needs to get finished before we leave for Colombia - LOTS to do around the house, not to mention in every other facet! It is overwhelming but the Lord keeps preparing the way for us, smoothing out the rough paths and making the crooked way straight so we thank Him and are looking to Him to continue meeting our needs! None of this is difficult for Him! Soon enough, we will have these darling little ones in our arms and somehow all this preparation will get done.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Whenever I think of your family I am just in awe of how the Lord is putting your family together! God is so good!

Julie and Karl said...

(: Me too!!! :)

janine said...

Hey, Julie!
Thanks for you comment! I'm thinking about you constantly these days! I'm so excited to see pictures . . . I can't imagine how you feel! I know it was a couple of weeks until we got our kids' pictures and names and it was torture! (it was about this time of year, too) . . . I was just telling Shirley the other day about our Christmas last year, because we got their pictures a couple of days before Christmas, and the day before we flew home to PA! Last Christmas is a complete blur to me now!! I can hardly believe that we'll be celebrating this year together as a family!!

With hugs and love!
janine

Laura S said...

Don't forget the list of things you need to take with you. You might want to think about shipping a suitcase with stuff for the kids down ahead of you. Because you will be able to come back with more suitcases than you take with you.

Lists are fun. Checking them off is even more so!!