Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's Already Thursday!

Hola a todos (hello to everyone!)

Well, it is day #4 of plaster over here. Karl is working late to catch up on things tonight. I took a break from my to-do list to check email.

I got an email back from our Adoption Agency regarding some questions that we had. First, Karl will need to renew his passport unfortunately b/c it's still good into the first quarter of 2008, but the tiny amount I read in our travel guide says that we must have at least 6 months before it expires (not sure why.) So, that's a bummer b/c that's more $ and trust me, with three kids, we won't be doing any international travel for quite a while after this adoption is complete :) Oh well, you do what you gotta do.

The other dilemma is what in the world to do about the follow-up Spanish class that starts when we end this one in a couple of weeks. The follow-up class goes into the beginning of December. I called the college and they basically said you miss, too bad - there aren't any make-ups. We'd have to drop the class and lose our money which really stinks. I asked our Agency about this question too and they said it is really hard to say...we could be okay but maybe not too...

About the classes, honestly, Julie we have no idea. You may get approved and then matched and may travel by mid-November and be home by mid-December. But, if you don’t get matched by a certain time, then you won’t be able to travel this year, because all adoptions must be completed by mid-December, because then Colombia doesn’t have anyone travel again until mid-January. So, really, I can’t say as to whether you should take the class or not because I have no information about how quickly or slowly things may take. Sorry, it will just have to be your call.

Well, at least that is a little more than we knew before about how the timing may go. We'll have to pray about this and ask the Lord to give us wisdom for this decision. Good thing God is always available & always willing - we have been asking for wisdom & guidance & help extra lately!!!

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord." James 1:5-7

No comments: