Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sticker Shock

They just are not coming out with very good quality stickers anymore, are they? I found some sparkly hearts & smiley faces and some marching band animals but that is it...AND they are in tiny packages with minuscule quantities. Who am I kidding though - I don't even know what I am looking for! My friend asked me at lunch today what stickers have to do with anything...I had to tell her that I am not really sure!?!

Thanks to Lauren & the great ideas she's been posting, I snapped this one of Karl/Papi on his way to work :) I think it is a really cute one that the kids should enjoy seeing. Under it, I'll put a caption that explains a little about his work. I think we'll do one of these of me/Mami too. Thanks, Lauren!!!


I am new to a web-group for CHI Colombian Adopters & I sent out a plea for additional photo page ideas from their experiences of doing the same thing. I even asked to see a sample if anyone was willing! I am really hoping to gain some additional insights on this photographic endeavor.

I am looking forward to our meeting at 6:30 p.m. with the Adoption Ministry Committee. I need to drop off some library materials before they close tonight and maybe browse through Michaels too for ideas/supplies/something...(note desperation!)

5 comments:

momma g said...

We saw a documentary about a woman who made stickers for children - I don't know which company (HobLob or Michaels) sells them, but they are avail. somewhere! She might be found online too... hope this helps.. hers were great!

Also, I really think the kids will love Karl's smile.. I sure do!

Julie and Karl said...

I love Karl's smile too :)

Good luck tracking down the "sticker lady"...

A said...

Ok, so what you're telling me, in between the lines, is that I need to start on these photo pages now!!?? I guess I didn't realize we needed pages for each child! Since we could have 3 too, I might as well get started! I also want to make sure the outside pictures are during a green, leafy season!

Thank you for letting me learn from your experience! I really do hope you're able to get the pages done soon though, so you can send in your dossier and go get your little cuties!

momma g said...

We need to put an APB out for the sticker lady, people!

Julie and Karl said...

Angela,

YES! Start the project now :)

On paper it looked like no big deal...

Now it has become another story!

It's kind of funny that it is the last thing we have left - but it has been a good preparation project so that is good.

I hope your Home Study visit goes really well tomorrow!!!

Julie :)