Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Having Fun?

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered TROUTDALE OR 97060 08/27/07 10:35am
The USPS emailed this update to us last night - the Dossier package actually arrived earlier than we thought - even better! It was worth all the rushing around to get it there so quickly! (I can say that now that I've had a couple days to recuperate!) We are still in disbelief that our past 8 months of hard work was so suddenly slam-dunked in a box & whisked to the post office! :)

I am hoping we hear something from our Agency this week...

I finished painting the dresser and bookcase!!! It wasn't a pleasant process but I am so glad to be done now. I can cross them off the list (oops - except the bookcase needs reassembled now).


Karl had to go out of town on an inspection so I have a dinner date with my friend Penny at Culvers tonight. I'm looking forward to it. He's also instructed me to do something "fun" during the day today - I am not sure what that will be yet - maybe I'll work on a craft project or something like that. All I can think of is the not-fun stuff that needs to be done - but then again, there are varying degrees of fun: time-of-your life fun, super-duper fun, pretty fun, average good-time fun, kind-of-fun, I'm-doing-something-out-of-the-ordinary-so-it's-kind-of-like fun, barely fun, & the kind of fun that's supposed to be fun but really isn't. I am going to aim for any of those except the last two!

3 comments:

Children's Hope International said...

"I'm-doing-something-out-of-the-ordinary-so-it's-kind-of-like fun"

This was too cute! I hope you found something appropriate.

Jennifer Newcomb

Christy said...

So excited for you guys as you've turned everything in! Congratulations! I'll be praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Julie:

Checked the blog site this evening while Janet was busy grading Drew's math and other home school planning as this is her usual practice. I typically read your blog to her in the evenings. Your discourse on "fun" was an absolute hoot!! Also the dossier documents and the adventure in preparation and transportation to the post office made for better adventure than any television program I could think of. In all seriousness, we remain in prayer for you both but as time continues on, we will continue to enjoy the updates.

Rob and Janet Sagona