Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Volcanic Soda, Plumbing Talk & Other Fun

I had the best time with my friend at Panera today. It was great - picture this: the two gabby Adoptive-Moms-to-Be chatting all about life over their yummy lunches. It was a blast!!!

I did have the volcanic Dr. Pepper though - it looked fine as I was filling it...but then it started violently overflowing all over my hand and the cup was so big that in my panic, it hit the other nozzles and several other flavors of pop started rushing into my already full cup. It was ugly. Thankfully I got it cleaned up!

I did my returns at Lowes: $87 worth. That's pretty good. It's nice to not have that stuff sitting at my door anymore waiting to be returned!!!

Another bonus is when I called Karl and asked, "Do you need anything at Lowes while I'm here?" - he actually had something for me to look for! It turns out that the Lowes I was at carries more PEX plumbing supplies than the Lowes closest to us. (We had no idea!) So, I was happily able to get Karl some PEX information that he has been wanting about manifolds he needs to proceed with our plumbing project!!! That's right, plumbing that is necessary to move forward with our bathroom remodel!!! I think the model he wants is special order but is available nonetheless. We were looking for a quick-connect type & didn't even know if they carried a ready-to-use kind rather than build-your-own (ugh). So, this is good news for us.

I didn't make it to Wally World - I'll go tomorrow when I meet my other friend for lunch. No, not every week is like this!!! Weeks pass by with no lunch dates - this is just an extra special week to see friends. :)

Okay so tonight I have no idea what we are doing. Unfortunately, it is still too wet outside to do any yard work (Karl says our bushes look like the fry-guys!)

I should peek at Karl's list...
  • Begin to plan weekend tasks
  • Cook burgers on the grill :)
  • Brainstorm priority list for the next 3 months to get ready for the kids
  • Buy digital camera (we think we finally picked one out - need to find best price still!)

I need to start dinner pretty soon - that will surely be on Karl's list of things to do for tonight!!!

No comments: