Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Primer News

I worked on the dresser again yesterday and it went pretty well. The harder part is painting the raised parts (the sides are not flat.) I really like the primer I'm using (see product review below). I have to do a couple of coats b/c the yellow I'm covering is so bold. I have almost all of the dresser done except for sanding the areas we puttied so I can prime those too. My disposable vinyl gloves are wonderful! ($4 well-spent) No more caked on paint all over my hands!

Now I am motivated just get out there & work on it just so I can "GET IT DONE!" That will be my mantra today :)

Tonight we have another parenting class at church. We'll meet beforehand & grab dinner before the session.

I need to pick up a couple memory sticks that came in at the store for a raincheck and also pick up some photos with the dear hope that we can use some of them for our photo pages. We went through some of the pictures I had set aside last night and came up with a plan. We'll supplement with pictures that our friend is going to take on our photo shoot on Sunday.


My Product Review: Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 (latex)primer/sealer is EXCELLENT! So much better than the competitor's latex I've used (with deep regret now that I've used this product!) It dries smooth & has a nice satin-like finish. Interior/Exterior use. It is a great product for the $. Right now, a gallon can be bought at Menards on Mega SALE plus rebate thru 7/29. This product sells for much more at other home stores. If you have priming to do, you might want to try this product to make your job a little easier!


Well, I better get to the priming while I'm still motivated.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Julie, I have to agree that the 'Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 (latex)primer/sealer is EXCELLENT!'. We used this stuff to prime the panelling at our rental and it covered so well that I will be cracking open a new can on Friday to prime the panelling in our 'new' old house. (although I am a bit embarrased to admit that we are just painting the panelling not replacing it - but hey, we are talking about a rental and a 100 year old house that we don't own!) Have fun painting. Maybe I should invest in some gloves.... although I do have fun picking at the dried paint on my hands (as long as it's latex! oil based is so yucky) It's kinda like when I was little and we used to rub elmers glue all over our hands, let it dry, and then peel it off! (ok, now that i've confirmed that i am wierd, i'll end this!) Have a great day! Love, Teresa

Julie and Karl said...

Teresa,

I am so happy to hear that I have a fellow Zinsser fan!

The vinyl gloves are great - got them at Menards 1/2 price :) Half way into my job I forgot to put them on so I had to stop & get a pair out of the box. Now all I need is something similar for my arms and legs!!!

That's so funny you like to peel it off - I was never successful at that. I would try to scrape it off my skin & that never works for me!

Keep up the good work! (PS - It is okay to paint the paneling!!!)

A said...

I was priming today too!! I have never tried Zinsser before. I've only used Kilz. I do like the Kilz. It really sticks to the surface well and has good hide. Maybe I should try this new Zinsser...Next project!