Karl asked me what good these copies will be since we would never be able to use a photocopy in lieu of a lost original! Maybe to make you feel better as your very important documents are getting transported all over the world? Good question. My guess is that it might make a document a little easier to replace if one was lost - or less overwhelming if the whole batch was lost??? I really am not sure but have now invested a lot of time in this endeavor!
Today will be more of the same from yesterday: getting docs and hopefully photos in order. I am kicking myself for not working on this sooner!!! Now it is becoming s-t-r-e-s-s-f-u-l when it could have been simple & done!!!
Thank you to the sweet gal who wrote in & offered this very helpful tip:
Are you thinking, "Just stop griping and start working on these photo pages?" Me too. I have a roll of film that I am going to pick up soon that hopefully has some photos I can use on it. The other benefit will be meeting Karl for lunch!!!The way we did the photo pages to go in the dossier was like scrapbook pages...on cardstock. We added subtitles and phrases describing pics and translated them using free spanish-english translating sites on the web. We just got ours back in the mail. It is really true that the Social workers use them when talking to the children (or so, for our case!) The children came in saying "Mi Papa, Mi Mama!" I am really excited for you guys...
No comments:
Post a Comment